Less than a month to go before the SOAR middle level camp! And one month until the elementary camp! We are so delighted with how things are shaping up! This is just a friendly reminder that all camp paperwork and final payments are due soon. Please make sure that all forms make it to the Waypost address on the paperwork. Final payments need to be directed to Cathy Schmit. Please carefully follow the directions on the paperwork.
The instructors and counselors are ready to go! Be ready for an amazing time at SOAR Camp 2021!
See you soon!
I just want to make sure that folks know that both SOAR Camps for summer 2021 are completely full (with a long waiting list). We are no longer taking applications, even for the waiting list. This clearly tells us there is a need for such a camp for our gifted kids here in Wisconsin! We wish we could take all those that desire the opportunity!
Children on the waiting list will be notified as we get closer to the time of camp if there are available openings left from currently registered campers having a change of plans.
Final camp forms and final payment information will be coming out before the end of May.
The response to SOAR Camp 2021 has been fantastic! As of yesterday we reached “COVID capacity” for both of our summer camps. However, we will still be taking registrations and building a waitlist in the event that we are allowed to add campers as new COVID guidelines emerge. We cannot make any promises going forward from here.
Please remember that the WATG scholarship window is currently open for applications until April 15th. They can be found here. https://www.watg.org/awards–scholarships.html
SOAR Scholarship applications for SOAR Camp are on this website. Please do not hesitate to apply. SOAR applications can be sent digitally.
Greetings! We have a few openings for campers in both the 4-6th grade and 7-9th grade camps. Let me know if you have any questions!
I just had a meeting with a couple of Crossways staff. We had an opportunity to talk about what camp will look like with COVID protocols in place for the summer. I want to share that conversation with you. Yes, camp will be different, but there is no doubt about it being GREAT! First of all , we are all going to have to talk in broad conversations right now and as we get closer to summer the conversations and information will be much more specific. I will try to be as clear as I can as we move forward and get closer to camp time. Second, the camp is basing (and will continue to base) their protocols off of the Department of Health, American Camp Association and the health inspector. As a renter of this camp, SOAR will be using their guidelines. Third, cabin size will be limited (and smaller than years past) to accommodate the guidelines of 6 feet between campers. Our daytime cohort groups will also be limited to the cabin groups to avoid bigger groupings or mixed groupings. Fourth, there will be no group campfires at night (I’m most sad about this one…) but they are planning different activities for the cohort groups. And fifth, masks will need to be worn at times during the day. More specific information will come on these protocols as we get closer to the time. I’m sure that you will have more questions, but these are the ones that I can answer now. Stay tuned…
Plans are underway for SOAR Camp 2021 at Waypost Camp in Hatley Wi. As you may remember, campers that were registered for camp and have their deposits in are automatically registered tor 2021. To accommodate all of last year’s campers we are rolling up the ages so that all of the kids registered from last summer have an opportunity to attend SOAR Camp. The Middle School group that was 6-8th grade last summer will be our current 7-9th graders. Middle School SOAR camp will be Sunday, July 25th through Friday, July 30th, 2021. The Elementary group that was 3-5th grade last summer will be our current 4-6th graders. The Elementary SOAR camp will be Sunday, August 1st through Wednesday, August 4th, 2021.
There are a few openings in both age groups and the information will be going out to the masses very soon for those spots.
Of course we cannot predict with any clarity what will be happening with COVID. Crossways will be using the American Camp Association’s guidelines for the decision making regarding our plans. The good news is that nearly all of our programming is outside with natural distancing. Please communicate with us in regard to any concerns that you may have.
I am delighted to announce that we are going ahead with plans for SOAR Camp 2021 at Waypost Camp in Hatley Wi. Campers that were registered for camp and have their deposits in are automatically registered tor 2021. To accommodate all of last year’s campers we will simply be rolling up the ages so that all of the kids registered from last summer have an opportunity to attend SOAR Camp. Therefore, the Elementary group that was 3-5th grade last summer will be our current 4-6th graders. The Elementary SOAR camp will be Sunday, August 1st through Wednesday, August 4th, 2021. The Middle School group that was 6-8th grade last summer will be our current 7-9th graders. Middle School SOAR camp will be Sunday, July 25th through Friday, July 30th, 2021.
I will be sending out a confirmation email in early February to verify that your camper will be attending. Campers that asked for their deposits back last summer will have an opportunity to do an early registration before we open the registration up statewide.
Of course there are no definitive answers to the lingering questions about COVID at this time. I will make sure you know as soon as we know the plans. We want camp to be a safe and wonderful experience for all and we will not take any unnecessary chances. Stay tuned…
It has been a difficult spring as we shelter in place, having to intentionally avoid being with one another. I longingly look forward to joining family and friends in big and little life celebrations when this is over for us.
I have also been waiting and watching the determinations of the CDC, the American Camp Association and a host of other experts to make a clear decision about SOAR Camp 2020. It is with great disappointment that I am writing today to tell you that SOAR Camp 2020 has been cancelled. Yesterday, the camp that I rent for our SOAR week made the difficult decision to suspend all of their summer programming due to the uncertainties of COVID-19. I appreciate their decision and was grateful that I did not have to make this decision myself. I know how sad and disappointed the campers will be about this. But the greatest concern is for the safety and well-being of all people involved in the camp including the kids, staff, and all of our volunteer instructors.
This is certainly not the summer we were hoping for and I wish it could be different.
In the meantime, planning has started for SOAR Camp 2021! I look forward to making plans with all the instructors and campers for a wonderful year. Perhaps better than ever because of all of the planning time!
Stay safe everyone!
There are still openings for SOAR Camp 2020 and we would love to have your child join us. Limited scholarships are available so be sure to apply for one if needed! You can find the link to the scholarship form elsewhere on this site.